\\\ Chardonnay 2017 – Knightor
Cart 0

Knightor Winery

Chardonnay 2017

£12.00 £18.00

Wine: Still White

Grape Variety: Chardonnay
Body: Medium
Sweetness: Dry
Alcohol: 12.5%
Character: Restrained and delicate
Aromas: Lemon, violets, melon
Flavours: Citrus, creamy apple
Tasting notes:
A beautifully restrained and elegant expression of Chardonnay. The nose displays an array of delicate citrus characters, Melon and floral notes with a suggestion of candied peel. The palate is soft and well rounded. Initially its predominantly ripe apple and citrus fruit, but as this lingers more creamy toasty flavours follow.  
Winemakers notes:
Typically all of our Chardonnay goes in to make our sparkling wines, however in 2017 we were confident that a small parcel of the Chardonnay had achieved suitable ripeness and balance to make a very good still wine. The grapes were harvested by hand in the second week in October, they were whole bunch pressed and fermented cool, 55% in oak barrels the remainder in tank. After fermentation the remaining 45% was transferred in to barrel where frequent lees stirring was conducted to add softness and fullness to the palate. Despite the wine all going in to oak, the influence of the barrels is very discreet and subtle due to using a majority of barrels that were third fill or older, as not to impart to aggressive oak characters. After 7 months ageing the barrels were blended and bottled in May 2018.       
Enjoy FREE shipping on all orders over £25  (use code DELIVERY25 at checkout)

Share this Product

More from this collection